NR12N - Helpful Info

Poster: SCAVard@aol.com

An assortment of miscellanea related to tomorrow's Northern Regional Twelfth
Night:

Site:
Hollywood Volunteer Fire Hall, Hollywood MD.  Open: 9:30 am, Close: 10:30 pm.

Hall Rules:
Please remember that the site does NOT permit open flames.  (It's a Fire
House, I guess they'd be embarassaed if people it burned down!)  This means
regular candles which are not somehow covered or enclosed will be disallowed.

Also, the hall does not permit hanging banners from the walls or ceiling, so
if you have a banner to display but do not have a display stand or other such
device, you will not be allowed to put it up.  Dun Carraig has built stands to
display the various group banners, but those are all spoken for.

Weather Forecast:
Morning thunderstorms, clearing by afternoon.  High 63.  Low 48.
(http://www.weather.com/weather/cities/us_md_hollywood.html)

Lodging / Accomodations:
Dun Carraig is a daytrip from most of Northern Atlantia, but for those looking
to overnight who have not made other crash space arrangements, here's a
partial list of hotels in the general area. (This is not an exhaustive list,
and I'm *not* endorsing any of these):

(distances are approximate)

California, MD (5 miles south):
Patuxent Inn (301-862-4100)  Not bad, but not great either.  They're big draw
is that they're inexpensive and have a great location. (Jct Rts. 235 & 4)

Lexington Park (10 miles south):
Days Inn (301-863-6666)  Down by the Navy base, and in the wrong direction for
most people.

Solomon's Island (10 miles southeast):
Comfort Inn (410-326-6303)
Holiday Inn (410-326-6311)
Solomons is a 'resort' town, meaning the hotel prices usually get jacked up
for the weekend visitors.  This is off-season, so prices may not be
outrageous.

Mechanicsville (10 miles north, toward Waldorf & DC):
Shady Oak B&B (301-932-8864).  No idea what it's like.

Prince Frederick (25 miles northeast, toward Annapolis & Baltimore)
Holiday Inn (800-HOLIDAY)
Super 8 (410-535-8668)
The Holiday Inn is brand-spanking new, and I can't find a local listing for
it.

Waldorf (30 miles north, toward DC):
Days Inn (301-932-9200)
Econo Lodge (301-645-0022)
Howard Johnson Inn (301-932-5090)
Holiday Inn (301-843-3350)
Your standard major chain hotels

Hope this info helps, we'll see everybody here tomorrow!

-Vard