[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index][Author Index][Search Archives]
Stefan's files for February
- To: SCA-Cooks maillist <SCA-Cooks@Ansteorra.org>, Bryn Gwlad maillist <bryn-gwlad@Ansteorra.org>, SCA-Arts maillist <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Ansteorra maillist <ansteorra@Ansteorra.org>, Atlantia maillist <email@example.com>, Artemisia maillist <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Outlands maillist <email@example.com>, East Kingdom maillist <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Middle maillist <email@example.com>, Calontir maillist <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Meridies maillist <email@example.com>, An Tir maillist <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Lochac maillist <email@example.com>, Athelmearc maillist <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Atenveldt maillist <email@example.com>, "Caid maillist (via Edward Long-hair)" <firstname.lastname@example.org>, "West maillist (via Baroness Christy)" <email@example.com>
- Subject: Stefan's files for February
- From: "Mark.S Harris" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Wed, 27 Jan 1999 15:39:04 -0500
- Comments: ( Received on motgate.mot.com from client pobox.mot.com, sender email@example.com )
- Organization: Motorola NCSG
- Reply-To: "Mark.S Harris" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: email@example.com
Poster: "Mark.S Harris" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Here is a copy of my Florilegium article for February.
If anyone has suggestions, comments or critisims about these files, please
feel free to contact me. I will be at Gulf Wars this March if anyone wants
to speak about the files in person.
If you are an editor, I encourage you to publish this article and help me
get word about these files to those who can make use of them. I send this
article out earlier, on the fifth of the month, to those on my editors list.
If you would like to be added to this list, just send me email giving me
your name, email address, group name and your newsletter name.
If you publish this article, I would appreciate a notice saying that you
have published it so that I can track when and where it has been published.
While a copy of the issue is not required, it is appreciated.
I am continually looking for articles that would be of interest to the Known
World to add to the Florilegium. If you have written such an article, please
feel free to contact me. The copyright remains with the author and I am
willing to accept updates at a later time.
A Blending of the Past and Present
Over the past eight years in an ongoing effort, I have been collecting bits of
useful information from various newsgroups, mail lists and articles submitted
to me by their authors. In order to make this information available to others,
I have placed this information in a series of files I call Stefan’s Florilegium.
Florilegium - (literally, "a gathering of flowers"). In medieval times,
Florilegia were collections of choice tidbits (from Ovid, Aristotle, various
popes, church scholars, etc.) arranged topically. Typically, a florilegium is
huge, encyclopedic, and contains only choice selections from particular works.
Those of you who have World-Wide-Web (WWW) access can get these files at:
A copy of my complete filelist is available in the Important Stuff section
of the website. This filelist or any of my files is also available from me
by email in either Word 6.0 or text formats.
Please be aware that often there is a delay between my announcement of
a new file and it’s becoming available at the website.
Ld. Stefan li Rous (512)892-0036 email@example.com
Here are the new files for this month:
under ANIMALS, three excellant articles by Pamela Hewitt, the Harper:
Ferret-Basket-art "Constructing a Ferret’s Basket for Rabbit Hunting"
Ferrets-Hunt-art "Rabbit Hunting with Ferrets”
Ferets-Genets-art "White Ferrets, Genets, Virgins And Unicorns"
measures-art Definitions of many medieval measurements
by Marc Carlson (Diarmaid)
ivory-bib Bibliography of medieval ivory carving by
Mary Haselbauer (Slaine).
Manx-msg The Isle of Man. Manx personas. referances.
bread-stuffed-msg Period stuffed bread. Rastons. Recipes.
under PERSONAL CARE:
mirrors-msg Period mirrors. Mirror cases. Construction.
under PERFORMANCE ARTS:
flutes-msg Period flutes and whistles. Shawns.
under PLANTS, HERBS AND SPICES:
herb-uses-msg Uses for various herbs. Recipes.
Here are some of the files that have had large additions in the past two
cl-Ireland-msg Medieval Irish clothing.
furniture-msg Making chests and tables for the SCA.
headcooks-msg Advice for SCA headcooks. Planning feasts.
soup-msg Medieval soups. Cooking soups at events. recipes.
Copyright 1999, Mark S. Harris.
Permission to reprint in SCA-related publications is hereby granted if the
contents are left unchanged and the author is notified of the publication.
Notification may be by email and reformating is allowed.
List Archives, FAQ, FTP: http://merryrose.atlantia.sca.org/
Admin. requests: firstname.lastname@example.org