Re: OED On-Line (was Re: Elf-arrows and Shakespeare)

Poster: Robert J Welenc <rjwelenc@erols.com>

At 08:22 PM 1/27/99, Joyce A. Baldwin wrote:

>Poster: "Joyce A. Baldwin" <jocetta@ibm.net>
>
>So how _does_  one get access to the OED on-line?  Melys just moved
out on
>me with her compact edition and I have started to drop hints
towards my
>birthday in July...but if it's online...oooh!
>
>Jocetta
>
>>Poster: "H L. Falls" <hlf@holmes.acc.virginia.edu>
>
>>   I *love* having access to the OED online!  :)  (Snipped from a
much
>>longer entry...)
>
>Joyce A. Baldwin

Alas, good lady, while a number of universities and other educational
institutions have access to an on-line form of the OED, most of them
have limited access to authorized personnel -- students and teachers.
 Anybody else is either asked for a password or gets a screen that
says ACCESS FORBIDDEN.

Alanna