Re: Autocratting Crown or Coronation

Poster: David KUIJT <kuijt@umiacs.umd.edu>

On Mon, 1 Feb 1999, Garrett, William wrote:

> I am interested in putting in a bid for either crown or coronation for this
> coming fall.  Is't possible to work and plan such a thing with out knowing
> whose august heads will wear the crowns?  I am curious to know if I should
> go ahead and formulate a bid now or wait untill the pertinent people have
> been chosen.

The best way to do this is to have a complete bid written up and hand it
to the couple who win Crown, on the day they do so.

Some items, like the actual date of the event, need to retain as much
flexibility as possible.  Beyond that, however, the more specific
information you put in the bid, the better for the new proto-monarchs to
evaluate your bid.

In other words, don't write "we could do whatever you want"; write:

	"subject to your desires, we are planning a brief Pas d'Arms, a
	clout shoot, a feast of three courses (see section on Feast),
	various masques and music through the day and evening (see section
	on Entertainment), &c.  There are sufficient facilities for up to
	20 merchant tables, and ..."

Dafydd