Re: True SCA Story?

Poster: blackbow@mindspring.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Brenna <sunnie@exis.net>
To: SCAVard@aol.com <SCAVard@aol.com>; atlantia <atlantia@atlantia.sca.org>
Date: Wednesday, February 10, 1999 10:00 PM
Subject: Re: True SCA Story?

>But, my favorites have to be the ones about Cariodoc and the first Pennsic
>War...which ironically, are the most believable of all of these legends.
At
>least, they sound like something that might really have happened.
>
>Brenna

[And, ironically, that one is documentably true.  Cariadoc, during a reign
as king of the East, declared war on the Middle.  Nobody in the Middle
Kingdom answered him.  Later, while he was King of the Middle, he found his
own letter declaring war on the Middle and said something to the effect of
"this heinous challenge shall not go unanswered!"  And thus the war began.

I may have the kingdom order backwards, but other than that, it's
documented.]

Regards,

J. Blackbow
Clan O'Shannon