Two!? (was: Mercs for Hire!)

Poster: SCAVard@aol.com

Scriptsit Pedro:

> If you think that the Crusades showed how bad factiuonalism could
> get, think of the states in the Iberian Peninsula-between the
> Muslim _taifas_ changing rulers by asassination every few years,
> and the Christian kings running into hunting accidents, it's a
> wonder that the Iberian Peninsula only has two countries in it
> today...

Two?   Portugal...Espana...Catalonia... I count three.

Yes, there's Andorra too, but they fly the Catalonian flag there as well, so I
don't count it as a stand-alone state.  Just a place to get cheap gas, sorta
like parts of Virginia.

Ah, sweet Catalonia!  The sun-warmed beaches....the snow-topped
mountains...the lush valleys...and the cities...Barcelona, ah, my heart sings
when I think of Las Ramblas and Montjuic....Perpignan, beautiful, just
beautiful...Santa Susanna...the list goes on and on.

Don Vardo