Re: Switching sides

Poster: Erikawful@aol.com

In a message dated 2/10/99 1:11:52 PM Eastern Standard Time,
redduke@earthlink.net writes:

> 	In fact your confusion speaks to one of the reasons we did fight for
>  the Mid- everyone thought we HAD to fight for the east, except for a few
>  Atlantians.  There had been a treaty in effect to that end, but it was
>  ended in the reign of Knarlic and Alexis, the previous year.
>  	Interestingly, to demonstrate Atlantia's right of choice, Knarlic
>  negated the treaty, but fought for the East anyway-  He wanted it clear
>  that Atlantia marched with the East for friendship, not by mandate.  I
>  give him a lot of respect for that decision, as it paved the way for a
>  better understanding of Atlantian independence.

Here, in fact, is the crux of the matter. Now that you've cudgeled some
memories out of the concrete in that section of my brain, I actually remember
the repeal of the treaty. On the other hand, there was still a perception that
the East still thought of us as a client. I'll admit that my attitudes about
that period in Atlantian history are colored by that. Remember Firestorm, the
year before your Pennsic? Atlantia did unto the Middle what Schwartzkopf did
to Saddam (Just about exactly, too), and the East noted it with a pat on the
head to "Our little sister kingdom to the South". Grrr. In any case, I think
we can both agree that the result next year was some whacking good schtick
<grin>

Erich