Stefan's files for March

Poster: Stefan li Rous <stefan@texas.net>

Greetings,

Here is a copy of my Florilegium article for March.

If there are any editors who would like to recieve a copy of this monthly
article on the fifth of the month, please send me your name, email address,
group name and newsletter name. If you have asked to be put on my list and
haven't been getting the article, please email me again. I've got several
addresses that bounce each month.

If anyone has any comments, suggestions or critisims about my Florilegium
files, please feel free to email me.

Stefan
=================

A Blending of the Past and Present

Over the past eight years in an ongoing effort, I have been collecting bits of
useful information from various newsgroups, mail lists and articles submitted
to me by their authors. In order to make this information available to others,
I have placed this information in a series of files I call Stefan’s Florilegium.

Those of you who have World-Wide-Web (WWW) access can get these files at:
http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/rialto/rialto.html.

A copy of my complete filelist is available in the Important Stuff section
of the website. This filelist or any of my files is also available from me
by email in either Word 6.0 or text formats.

Please be aware that often there is a delay between my announcement of
a new file and it’s becoming available at the website.

    Ld. Stefan li Rous   (512)892-0036    stefan@texas.net
    Ansteorra                             RSVE60@email.sps.mot.com

Here are the new files for this month:
Under UNCLASSIFIED:
   punishments-msg     Period tortures, executions and punishments.
Under ACCESORIES:
   pearls-msg          Period pearls. Use in jewelry and elsewhere.
Under CLOTHING:
   cl-Italy-msg        Clothing of medieval and Renaissance Italy.
Under CRAFTS:
   repousee-msg        Period process of raising decorations in
                          metal by hammering the backside.
   tools-bib           Bibliography of medieval woodworking tools
                          by Thora Sharptooth.
Under FEASTS:
   ACG-Feast-art       Menu and recipes from Heralds and Scribes
                          Collegium in Abhain Ciach Ghlas.
   BB-Dragonship-art   Feast for the Baronial Birthday for
                          Dragonship Haven, EK. 12/5/98.
   Tavern-Feast-art    An all-day tavern-style feast.
Under FOOD:
   aquamaniles-msg     Fancy period jugs to hold water for washing hands.
   birds-recipes-msg   Bird recipes. Squabs, pheasants, quail.
   fd-Byzantine-msg    Food of medieval Byzantine. Referances.
   horse-recipes-msg   Period horse recipes. Referances.
   peacocks-msg        Serving peacock sotelties safely.
   peas-msg            Period peas. Pea broth. Recipes.
   tomatoes-msg        Tomatoes in period.
Under HOME, SWEET HOME:
   bucket-yokes-msg    History, design and constr. of bucket yokes.
   decor-sources-msg   Medieval decor sources.
Under PEOPLE and PLACES:
   Br-Cadfael-msg      Br. Cadfael book and video series.

Here a few of the files that have had large additions in the past month:
basketweaving-msg   Medieval basketweaving.
beds-msg            Medieval and SCA beds. rope and slat beds.
child-gam-msg       Period and SCA children's games and activities.
cl-Ireland-msg      Medieval Irish clothing.
cordials-msg        Period cordials and liqueurs. SCA creations.
feast-menus-msg     Feast menus from various SCA feasts.
furniture-msg       Making chests and tables for the SCA. Period furniture.
games-cards-msg     Period card games.
livestock-msg       Medieval livestock. Pigs, cattle, sheep.
monks-msg           Medieval monks and orders. Monk's clothing.
Normans-msg         Norman culture, dress.
pottery-msg         Medieval pottery, kilns. modern equivalents.
sausages-msg        Period sausages. Making sausage.
siege-engines-msg   Catapults, trebuchets. Period and modern.
soap-msg            Period soap and soapmaking.
sotelties-msg       Sotelties and Warners - decorated food.
spices-msg          Info. on spices, sources for spices.
spinning-msg        Spinning wheels, spindles. techniques.
tools-msg           Period and modern tools. lathes.
weddings-msg        Period and SCA weddings.
---
Copyright 1999, Mark S. Harris.
Permission to reprint in SCA-related publications is hereby granted if the
contents are left unchanged and the author is notified of the publication.
Notification may be by email and reformating is allowed.

<end>

--
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan@texas.net
**** See Stefan's Florilegium files at: