Re: day-pavilion etiquette?

Poster: "Beverly Robinson-Curry" <corvus2@worldnet.att.net>

Bonne wrote:

> I've not heard the phrase "day-pavilion etiqette" and would appreciate
> having the matter discussed here in the Merry Rose.

Basically, it's about how to comport one's self when visiting in other
people's pavilions around the tourney field...  I read this great article
in the Caid newsletter about a year ago, written by Sir Guillaume.

It's about the kind of thing you Mom taught you about going visiting and
being a guest; don't overstay your welcome; don't show up at dinner time
and expect them to feed you; bringing a gift is always nice; etc.  With
pavilions, there's also don't use them as shortcuts to another place; wait
to be invited to come in; etc.  Remember, a pavilion is that person's
personal space/home for the day.

There's also polite chair etiquette.  If sitting in someone else's chair
and they return, offer it back to them.  I'll never forget the Pennsic
where I brought 2 chairs, but every time I came back to camp, my chairs had
been moved from in front of my tent (all the way across camp) and  someone
was sitting in them.  By mid-week, the chairs (director's chairs, of
course) were broken and I had nothing to sit in.

Rhiannon, Triton