RE: photos

Poster: "Juliet Carnell" <juliet.carnell@usa.net>

It is legal to take anyone's picture (if not always ethical), but it is
another thing entirely to publish or sell such a picture. The gray area here
is what constitutes publishing in today's web connected world? So far there
have been no laws that define a web page as anything other than a published
document, this makes a web page an open target for legal action. The courts
have been split all over the place on this and it doesn't help that a web
page can be viewed in any country on earth and may conceivably be called
upon to conform to their laws. Until the governments of the world get
together and decide, legally speaking, just what a web page is you take your
chances every time you post something. YMMV.

Juliet, Mundane Webmaster for an international publisher