Beacon-Aiken High School Demo

Poster: "Doug and Maria, Sven and Ginevra" <ginevra@bellsouth.net>

To the Populace of Southern Atlantia come Greetings!

I humbly and fervently request your assistance in a most worthy
undertaking: the encouragement of our Society's Future- that is, our local
young people.

On Wednesday next (the 31st of March), Aiken High School will be hosting a
Renaissance Festival, from 10:15am to 2:00pm, at their athletic stadium.
Larry Bagwell, a frequent attendee at our fighter practices and the English
teacher sponsoring the effort, has requested any and all help that we can
provide.  Specifically, he and his students would like as many of us as
possible to show up in garb (the more interesting or eye-catching, the
better).  Anyone who would  be willing to bring a pavillion, any Arts and
Sciences equipment or displays (looms, books, garb, woodwork, etc.), or
bring their armor and put on a few short demos---your presence is MOST
APPRECIATED! (BTW-did I say Thank You?)

By the way of thanks, Larry and Aiken High School will provide lunches free
of charge.  Changing facilities will be available for those who don't wish
to drive in garb.

To reach Aiken High School from Augusta:  Take I-20 east to SC exit 18
(route 19).  Turn right at the end of the ramp, and take route 19 to route
118 (Rutland Dr.).  Turn left, and the school will be just ahead on the
right.  Check in at the office.

If you can make it for all or part of the time, please let me know by
Tuesday March 30: call (803) 652-7230 after 4;30, (803) 725-5867 (at work,
till 4pm), or e-mail frazer@scescape.net.

Thank you so much for showing how much can be learned and enjoyed from the
Middle Ages.

Yours in service to the dream and our youth.
Lady Meliora Trevethan
Deputy Chatelaine, Shire of Border Vale Keep
(Marie Frazer)