Re: [Fwd: Tattoos]

Poster: Stefan li Rous <stefan@texas.net>

> I am looking for information on tattooing in period. I have extensive info
> on every sector of the world EXCEPT europe. Can anyone steer me towards a
> source of info?
>
> Lord Phillip Bell
> jonesj@infoave.net

Check this file in the PERSONAL CARE section of my Florilegium:
tattoos-msg       (39K)  8/21/98    Period tatoos. Hand and body decoration.

There are arguments whether the blue decorations of the Picts were dyes or
tatoos. In the Christian era I think tatoos were frowned upon like so much
else for previous times. I believe this file contains some of Ceasars
commentary on the decorations of the Picts.
--
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan@texas.net
**** See Stefan's Florilegium files at: