demo in Statesville, NC

Poster: Baron Bran MacConroai & Baroness Lasair Burke <wolffire@bellsouth.net>

Weekend in the Village
Demo:  May 1st & 2nd
Center Street, Statesville, NC
Saturday, May 1st 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Sunday, May 2nd 12:00 until 6:00 p.m.

We have been asked to present a demo at the Weekend in the Village Festival
in Statesville, NC and Their Majesties have graciously given us permission
to hold this demo despite the conflict with Crown Tourney.  If you have not
made plans to attend Crown Tourney please consider lending us a hand with
this demo.  This is an extremely large festival; the City estimates there
will be approximately 10,00 to 15,000 people in attendance.  We will have
approximately 1 hour on Center Stage on both days.  We plan to present
demonstrations of both heavy and rapier fighting, as well as dance.  In
addition to this, we have been given a large area in front of the Old
Courthouse located on Center Street in which we will be able to set up
displays, dance and present fighting demonstrations.   There is plenty of
room for displays from lots of artisans and craftsmen.  We hope to present
a large display and have some people working on various projects.

Everyone is welcome to attend and help add a festival atmosphere and enjoy
the day.

Anyone interested in participating in the heavy fighting please contact
Baron Bran MacConroai at (704) 878-2355 or email: wolffire@bellsouth.net.
Some advance notice would be appreciated so we can schedule the
demonstrations.

Anyone interested in participating in rapier fighting please contact Lord
Galen Storm at (704) 876-0058 or email: phoenix@abts.net.

Any person interested in displaying or actively demonstrating A&S
activities or dancing please contact Baroness Lasair Burke at (704)
878-2355 or email at wolffire@bellsouth.net.

Please note there is no charge for this demo and it is an absolutely dry
site.

Directions:

Take your best route to I-77 to Statesville.  Take Exit 50- Broad Street
toward downtown Statesville.  The City blocks Center Street and part of
Broad Street for this festival.  You will need to find parking and walk to
Center Street.  The Old Courthouse is located on Center between the
intersections of Front Street and Broad Street.   We may be able to provide
directions for parking at a later date.  Please contact us if you have
questions or need additional information.