Re: April 30th

Poster: Jessica Rechtschaffer <jsrechts@email.unc.edu>

> Don't forget that April 30th is the gas boycott day!
> Buy gasoline before or after April 30th.
> This is a boycott started on the internet in response
> to the recent increase in gas prices.

OK, I've seen this floating around so though it is off-topic, I will give
a brief response.

Whoever had the idea of having a gas boycott because gas prices are *too
high* is obviously misguided.  Despite the slight increase in gas in the
past two weeks, the price we Americans pay for gas is extremely low when
compared with the rest of the world.  Low gas prices only encourage the
waste of a non-renewable resources.  (Look at the increase of gas
guzzlers on the market).   Sure, a gas boycott is a good idea -
because the oil companies make other people's lives miserable through
environmental devastation and support of oppresive gov'ts abroad. (Check
out www.pacifica.com for more info - you'll have to scroll down a bit,
there is a lot there). Perhaps we will learn of the importance of
developing alternative methods of transportation.

I'll get off the soapbox now.  Let's get back to discussing the middle
ages and things SCA.

Lyanna