From: "Andrea Davis" <bemighty1@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: a fighter practice/getting together
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 1999 14:26:18 PDT

Greetings!
I wanted to invite you all to a "fighter practice" we are having at a
Renaissance Fair in Western NC.
April 23-25, 1999
We will be there Saturday, April 24 beginning around 2pm.
The site is the "5 Springs Campground" between Sylva and Cherokee.
We would like to have heavy weapons, archery and rapier fighters as
well as some A&S-it is a really unofficial demo.
This is a site that we are really excited about, as the owner/operator
has been joining us for SCA activities and is really excited about us.
His site is still under construction and he has offered to let us
build things there for SCA events (like FORTS) and is very interested
in knowing what would make his campground the perfect SCA site. We
would love for people to come and really show him what the SCA can do.
He is running his own Renaissance fair, and has asked us to come out
and do some fighting/singing/dancing etc.  He will also have several
other groups (of medieval and non sorts). The actual fair starts
Friday night with a big bonfire and go on Saturday with Maypole
Dancing and other May games. There will be some oriental warriors on
site doing a demo of Ninja type stuff, and merchants. If you want to
camp he has plenty of sites open, and the cost is relatively cheap:
$20.00 a campsite, and he does not care how many people you cram into
one campsite ( I suggest about 5 people per site).
Admission for the festival is $5.00, Students: $2.50 and children
under 12 free. If you tell him you are with the SCA he MAY try to cut
the price down some. If you come only for the demo we may be able to
get you in for free!
There is also a masquerade party a nightfall on Saturday, so if you
plan to camp, bring a costume!
The Canton of Hawkwood would love for anyone and everyone to come-This
should be pretty neat, and it gives us a chance to get other people in
the Barony to help us give him suggestions on what would make it the
perfect SCA site.
Note: they are still under construction right now, so be warned. There
will be Port a Potties by the fighting area, and he is hoping to get
the bath houses (with flush toilets) up and running. There is no
feasthall on site, but he is trying to get food vendors and there are
several fast food places and some upper scale restaraunts in the area.
More info on camping:
(828)631-9834 or wiz13@gte.net
If you want to crah but dont want to camp-email me personally at
bemighty1@hotmail.com and I will make arraingements for you.
Directions to the site:
Take 40 west to 19/23 towards Sylva/Cherokee. Follow the signs that
say to Western Carolina University. GO past the Sylva exit and that
should put you on 441/74. On Hwy 441/74 between Sylva and Cherokee
start looking for the mile markers-between mile marker 76-75 turn left
on THOMAS VALLEY ROAD. Follow the fork in Thomas VAlley to the left
past the church. Turn Left on CORNELIOUS ASHE, then turn left onto the
Gravel Road where the pavement ends (right before the blue house).
There will be signs for that say 5 springs campsites, and we will have
SCA signs up Saturday morning.
It will be fun!!!!
In Service,
Fiona MacLeod