Re: Shakespeare's Birthday quote

Poster: SCAVard@aol.com

In a message dated 4/23/99 10:56:18 AM Eastern Daylight Time, AlysounA writes:

> The real question is, whether you have actually ever read this line in
> context -- killing the lawyers is suggested if one wants chaos, anarchy,
and
> the end of civilization as we know it!
>
>  -- Alysoun/Thierry

(Methinks perhaps I have touched a nerve.  I do not believe the world would
cease to revolve if we were to have a few less ambulance-chasers, but I may
be alone in this belief.)

My friend, of course I've read it in context <g>.  But this line is so oft
quoted OUT of context that it has taken a meaning unto itself, a meaning
which several find to be much more poignant than it's original meaning.

However for sake of accuracy, I encourage all to look a bit deeper into the
quote, and specifically the scene in question, to learn the actual context.
If this thread is still hanging around when the next Digest hits my inbox,
I'll expound on the context for you.

// Vard //

Lord Edvard Gayer, Chronicler
Barony of Dun Carraig, Atlantia