Re: coat of arms research

Poster: Jim Trigg <jtrigg@hoflink.com>

On Fri, 23 Apr 1999 krztina@mindspring.com wrote:

> I have a copy of my coat of arms from my family but it is in black and white
> and haven't a clue to know what the colors are. Any suggestions of how to
> find out? The only reference listed was from Mathew's Complete American
> Armoury which I can't find :(

Tell me the family name and what the coat of arms looks like and I'll look
for it in Papworth's and Rietstap.  (Papworth's Ordinary of British Arms
and Rietstap's Armoriale Generale - two fairly comprehensive sources of
mundane armory.)

Blaise
--
RL/DNRC: Jim Trigg, Lord High Everything Else  O-
SCA: Seigneur Blaise de Cormeilles, Ponte Alto Pursuivant