Re: coat of arms research

Poster: Julien de Montfort <julien@spiaggia.org>

> What I was woundering is this:  DO my arms HAVE to match my person's
>origins?

No; were that the case, the folks with personas whose culture didn't
use heraldry would be out of luck!

The heralds don't consider persona at all when it comes to names and
devices (and there have been several people over the years patiently
trying to explain to the heralds in an attempt to validate their
hodgepodge name preference with stories like "and then my mom was
picked up in Arabia by my Scottish dad who hired a Mongolian nanny on
the way back from the Orient, so...")

> Jsut b/c my persona is French, do they ABSOLUTELY HAVE to be within
>the French design??

Nah.  It's always a stylistic plus (IMHO), but it's not required.

Julien