[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index][Author Index][Search Archives]
Spam?? was: Ahem.
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, SERapier@egroups.com
- Subject: Spam?? was: Ahem.
- From: Beiskaldi@aol.com
- Date: Mon, 17 May 1999 23:28:02 EDT
- Reply-To: Beiskaldi@aol.com
- Sender: firstname.lastname@example.org
Greetings milord from Lady Thyra Beiskaldi. Forgive me if this seems a bit
short; it is not intended to be, I merely have a serious sore throat impeding
me at the moment. (Not to mention I do need to occasionally live up to my
name... :) )
I cannot speak for the usual content of the various lists other than the one
I am on. However, I personally can't see that sending out information on any
upcoming events, activities, or the like as spam. If so, then it should be
done away with, along with all the other similar ones I see--our guilds'
information, dance practice notices, event flyer postings, recent Pennsic
information, updates about events or tragedies in the lives of individuals.
In other words, useful information that is relevant to the Merry Rose at
I do not recall offhand how you have previously addressed the subject line in
the headers. However, perhaps you could put something like "KWAR update"
there. That way, anyone who does not have interest in it can simply use the
Delete key (that *is* what it is there for), while the information gets out
to those who want and/or need it.
In a message dated 5/17/99 10:09:28 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
> It has come to my attention that some of you think I'm a spammer, because I
> relay on info about the upcoming KWAR. If this is so, please inform me, and
> if you no longer wish to receive info on KWAR, or updates, then I will stop
> sending it on. That of course means, that those the info is intended for
> may never receive it.
> But it was never my intention to annoy anyone or to make anyone think I was
> spamming. Most lists I am on, I tend to reply to various messages, not just
> send messages.
> But like I said, if you don't want to hear about up coming KWAR, then tell
> me, and you won't hear another thing from me.
List Archives, FAQ, FTP: http://merryrose.atlantia.sca.org/
Admin. requests: email@example.com