Re: Childrens Combat

Poster: Brenna <sunnie@exis.net>

James Morrow wrote:

> Poster: achbar@bellsouth.net (James Morrow)

> >I have also heard that There have been on occasions Boffer tourneys here...
> >But that was third hand art best.
> >I'm looking to start it up for real if it isn't already underway.
> >But there is a lot of information I need first.
> >

> >Lady Svanhildr Karlsdottir
>
> I understand West Kingdom has a Children's Tourney.  It would be great
> to have that here.  Is this possible?
>
> Achbar

In Marinus, we have a few boffer tourneys a year (Barnacle Bullfrog always has
one) and they are great.  CHildren and adults are invited to play in them
because the weapons are fairly safe.  I've seen some of our fighters carrying
boffer weapons (and sometimes cardboard armour) to other events for children's
fighter practice (i.e. he hit you in the leg, so you get on the knees for the
rest of the round or no, you can't do that...that is against the rules, and you
have to forfeit the round if you do it again).  The kids learn the basic rules
and some learn strategy as well, and they love it.

Brenna