From: SCAVard@aol.com [mailto:SCAVard@aol.com]
Sent: Wednesday, May 19, 1999 2:25 PM
To: atlantia@atlantia.sca.org
Subject: Need arrows

Poster: SCAVard@aol.com

Setting aside (only for a moment) the "who's geekier" thread, I need help to

quickly locate a decent source for arrows.

The arrows I've been using were initially purchased w-a-a-y back in 1990,
and
in the last year have started to really show their age.  Some are warped,
some have had their fletchings torn up, and many of them have lost their
tips, leaving me with only 4 or 5 useable arrows.  Thus, I've not been able
to play yet this year.

Twice earlier this year I thought I was hooking up with a nearby group to
get
in on a group purchase.  The first time, the supplier went out of the
business, and the second time, the buy coordinators got so busy planning an
event that they decided to cancel the order.  (I didn't learn about the
latter for weeks.)  With Lillies War coming fast (less than a month), I'm
out
of time and have no known sources to turn to.

I don't have the time to order piece parts, learn the art of arrow making,
and assemble my own ammo.  I need to order a dozen or two pre-made bubbas to

get me through the archery season and I need to do this tout suite.  (Well,
my dictionary tells me it's "tout de suite", but I've never heard the "de"
pronounced, much less seen it written.)

Does anyone know of any decent source(s) for SCA-type arrows?  Quick,
dependable, experienced, and not terribly expensive are all good things, and

since there's a bit of time pressure, being able to handle this via phone or

email is likely a requirement.

Replies either private or via the Merry Rose are fine, I read both.

Thanks!

// Vard //

Lord Edvard Gayer, Chronicler
Barony of Dun Carraig, Atlantia