Re: Emerald Joust Tourney Winner

Poster: greytom@juno.com

However, Duke Cuan did not accept the prize.  He said that his own
conduct was not worthy of the prize having argued with the List and the
Marshalls, so he gave the prize to Ragnar Blackhammer.  Ragnar
Blackhammer, in turn, gave half the prize to his lady and the other half
to Duke Cuan's lady.

Both men impressed me by their acts of chivalry.  Everybody has off days,
or days when they are just in a bad mood and make mistakes.  As much as
we strive to live up to our ideals we all faulter now and again.  That is
just being an imperfect human.  It takes courage and wisdom, however, to
be able to admit to your mistakes, especially in front of a large group,
like a royal court.  And sacrificing in the name of those ideals, such as
giving up the prize, is, for me, part of what being chivalrous is all
about.

Well, that is what I think anyway.
Thomas de Grey