Re: Many thanks for Emerald Weekend

Poster: Brenna <sunnie@exis.net>

> Secondly, to Her Majesty, Queen Niobe, who's shining example of grace
> and elegance under much strain has made the two of us realize for the
> first time just how wonderful the dream can be, when one has the courage
> and grace to dream it.

I agree here!  I thought I had a dream until I met their majesties for the
first time.  They both (especially Queen Niobe) have become an embodiment of
my personal dream.  Her majesty's words move me to write, to song, and to
tears.  That is an accomplishment!

> Fifthly, to the stoutly armed and forcefully graceful gentles who
> provided water for a Court Herald who was struggling far, far too much
> with the heat, as well as the rest of the populace during a hot and
> sweaty court.

I would love to know who the gentle was who was circulating the audience
with pitchers of cold water.  I refused to miss anything of court, but I
(and many others) would not have made it through court without his simple
kindness.

> Sixthly, to Duke Cuan and Lord Ragnar, for reminding us that Chivalry is
> what is important, and that, even when you fall off the path briefly, it
> is possible to right oneself and make the wrongs right.

I've already said my vivats to Duke Cuan.  His words and her majesty's in
return were bested in my memory of the day only by Queen Niobe's words at
her second court after feast.  People as these make me realize what the SCA
can really be.

Brenna of Lyonsbane