Re: Dry vs Damp vs Wet

Poster: April Dwiggins <ladybear9@yahoo.com>

--- Logan and/or Arielle <sirlogan@mail.clt.bellsouth.net> wrote:

> Poster: Logan and/or Arielle
> <sirlogan@mail.clt.bellsouth.net>
>
> *****<SNIP>********
>

> > > Now, I've been to wet/damp SCA events at
> churches before... so I'm confused.
> > > Is there a way to get around the no alcohol
> policy ("discretely wet," maybe)?
> > >  Is there a particular denomination that allows
> alcohol (the methodists
> > > around here do not)?
> >
> > "Discreetly wet" is a bad idea, IMHO.  It is
> saying "It's OK to break the
> > rules as long as you don't get caught."
> >
> > As a useful suggestion, the Episcopalians usually
> allow alcohol.  (You
> > probably don't know the old saying: "Wherever you
> find four Episcopalians,
> > you're likely to find a fifth." ;->)
> >
> > Jim Trigg, Episopalian Lay Eucharistic Minister
> (Blaise is Catholic, of
> > course)
>
> Discretely wet means no original containers (i.e. I
> drive by in my car and I can't
> tell what is being consumed) not an implied
> invitation to break rules.
>
> As a side note.  One of my Squires is from Greece
> and is getting married this
> weekend and there is supposed to be a huge open
> (i.e. free) bar at this church.  So
> I guess if you found a Greek Orthodox church you
> would be set.  Besides, I've seen
> some of those Greek boys drink.
>
> regards,
>
> Duke Logan
>

> As a duly babtised (bet you didn't know THAT, now did ya?)
Episcopalian, I can say that they normally don't have a problem with
alchohol.  Last time I went to church and took communion(long, long ago
in a galaxy far, far away)the "Cup of Salvation" nearly put me on my
rear.

As another side note.... that's true about Greek orthodox churches.
The amount of booze that is sold by the church during Greek fest has to
give you an idea about their Alchohol Policy.

In Service,
April, called the Evil (but we all know the truth)

p.s.  Logan, tell Louis I said congrats!