the quiet example was (RE: Examples)

Poster: Becky McEllistrem <beckymc@MICROSOFT.com>

-----Original Message-----
From: Donald Wagner [mailto:polearmed@worldnet.att.net]
Sent: Tuesday, June 15, 1999 11:46 AM
To: atlantia@atlantia.sca.org
Subject: Examples

Poster: Donald Wagner <polearmed@worldnet.att.net>

All:

I don't know why I am responding to the request for ideas of courtesy,
honor, etc.  I generally like to listen to these, but I had an epiphany
of sorts this weekend.  This is more of a letter spew than response.
Sorry.

It seems to me that the paragon of virtue, or the purest of courtesies,
is the act of providing the quiet example for others to follow.  A quiet
example is one that is shown, regardless of whether or not anyone is
watching.  The quiet example happens whether or not anyone else is there
to see it, and no admonishment follows it.  In other words, the quiet
example is tempered with humility and is shown to one's self more than
other people.  Its result can be wonderful, or not even noticeable.

Actually I think a little differently about the quiet example. If one
behaves courteously in quiet than it becomes your nature to behave
courteously in public and those that see your actions know they are sincere.

Rebecca