Courtesy

Poster: BawdyLady@aol.com

First, many thanks to everyone who has taken the time to respond to my
lighten my day.

Many of you thought that, by bemoaning the lack of courtesy in my local
group, I was making the assumption that the SCA as a whole was like that.  I
can assure you that such is not the case.  I have been very fortunate to meet
some wonderful people of the most benevolent nature over the course of the
last year, and I rejoice in their presence on those rare occasions when we
can be together.

As I have told many of you privately, geographical distance and time
constraints, combined with other non-SCA duties, often prevent me from being
able to seek SCA companionship elsewhere.  I feel as though I have made the
best of a less than desirable situation; my sadness stems from the fact that
I know I could be and do so much more if I were in another area of Atlantia.

So, again, thank you.  It is nice to be reminded that what I experience here
is not universal within the SCA.