Re: [Fwd: Woad]

Poster: Stefan li Rous <stefan@texas.net>

Shannon Keys <skeys@millenicom.com> asked:
>     I am looking for a recipie for woad for a friend, does anyone have
> one, or point me in the right direction???
>
> Medb Mac Domhnaill

Take a look at this file in the PLANTS, HERBS AND SPICES section of my
Florilegium:
woad-msg          (49K)  9/14/98    History of woad. Making dyes from woad.

There are messages on the history and uses of woad, how to process it
from the plant and from the powder. There is at least one source for
woad powder given and a number of period referances.

There may also be some info on woad in this file in the TEXTILE ARTS
section but it will probably be oriented toward the dyeing of cloth:
dyeing-msg       (135K)  8/19/98    Dyeing techniques and discussion.

--
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan@texas.net
**** See Stefan's Florilegium files at: