Re: Elizabeth, the movie

Poster: "laura yungblut" <yungblut@checkov.hm.udayton.edu>

> Good lords and ladies,
>
> For those somewhat more familiar with Elizabethan England than I...
>
> Is last years movie "Elizabeth" historically accurate? (from a "teaching
> history perspective")
>
> Most humble thanks,
> Steven

Please do not show your students this movie.  Historical accuracy
was probably in the 10 percent range.  Her life's story was exciting
enough without the perversion...er, artistic license taken here.

M. Rosamund Beauvisage
(lurker from the Middle who enjoys this list, and modernly a Ph.D.
in Elizabethan history teaching at the Univ. of Dayton)

yungblut@checkov.hm.udayton.edu