Re: Gaelic Dictionaries

On Sun, 22 Jan 1995 EoganmacL@aol.com wrote:

> Unto the populace of any and all places with a populace, does Eogan
> MacLarmann come pleading assistance.
> I have searched far and wide in every book store in the Knowne World (well,
> Charlotte...  well, not all of Charlotte, but most of it) and I have found
> Dictionaries in Spanish and Italian and German and Japanese and French and
> Latin and Polish and Russian and (you get my point), but I have yet to find a
> Gaelic Dictionary for either Irish Gaelic or Scottish Gaelic.  If any good
> gentles can assist me in my quest, I would be greatly endeared to thee.  Many
> blessings upon the hearths of those who heed this call.  Blah, blah, blah,
> yadda, yadda, yadda.
> Aye,
> Eogan
>

> "Stupidity won't kill you, but it can make you sweat."
> ----ENGLISH PROVERB

Eogan, I have heard your plight and will assist. I am one who has the honor
of deriving a living from a most sacred profession. I sell BOOKS. More
specifically, I am a bookseller at BORDERS BOOK SHOP in the Wash. DC area.
For a fact, I know that there you will find the elusive dictionary of Gaelic.
The number is 703-556-7766 (Tyson's Corner) or 703-998-0404 (Bailey's X-rd)
or 703-418-0166 (Pentagon City).
Good hunting.
Jean Christoph