Re: Unsubscribing old addresses

On Fri, 27 Jan 1995, Alan Davis wrote:

> Some listservers insist that the unsubscribe command be issued from
> the address that is being unsubscribed. This is supposed to eliminate
> malicious things like unsubscribing your ex-SO from the suicide crisis
> mailing list :-)

As ours does.  However, if you absolutely need to unsubscribe from
your new address, that is no problem.  What happens is that I get
a message asking if I approve of this unsubscription.  Usually,
I can see that ther persons user name is similar, and approve it
right away.  This is far easier than me having to track down which
address is bad.

> If you know that your mailing list address is going away, please
> unsubscribe _before_ it dies.

Definately.

In service,
Lord Kendrick Wayfarer
Storvik, Atlantia
Tanner Lovelace | lovelace@netcom.com   |  D /       C /  Fence
Takoma Park     | lovelace@cap.gwu.edu  | ()~    --+-\\   Fence
Maryland        | lovelace@cuc.edu      | / >        | \  Fence
         Non curamus quem regem sit etiam conbibabimur.