A Pennsic Project

Greetings to the Merry Rose Pranksters,

I once discussed an idea with Winifred that I thought was rather unique,
only to find parallel evolution in action, and she had had this same idea
some time ago. Anyway, it's been bouncing around in the bakc of my brain
for quite a while now, and I thought I'd broach the subject to you all
and get some feedback on it.

The section of the marketplace at Pennsic, right in front of the barn
near the entrance to the camp store is the perfect spot for this. What
I'd like to do is build a clock that chimes the hours and has figures
that come out and do things, eg. two knights fighting, a blacksmith
hammering an anvil, etc. The actual clock can be a real wall clock,
but the figures are real people dressed up to go through their schtick.
I think it would be fun to have each of the kingdoms present someone
for a given hour, giving us thirteen different figures to chime thirteen
hours. A simple tower of theatrical flats could be built and easily
assembled on site, and the clock could be battery operated. At the
apponted hour, doors would open up and the figures would come out and
do whatever they will do. The most complicated piece of hardware would
be a revolving stage on which the figures would stand, This could even
be eliminated in the interests of KISS (Keep It Stupidly Simple), and
the figures could just walk out.This could be spread out over a period of
several days for a couple of hours each day, rather than for thirteen
consecutive hours in one day.

I haven't posted this to the Rialto yet, that's why I'm bouncing this
off you folks first. Let me know what you think, and any ideas for
stuff to be done by the figures. Something that is representative of
the kingdom would be good. I think this is a spiffy idea, but then it's
mine, and I'm rather biased in that respect. ;-)

In service,
Corun

--
   Corun MacAnndra   | Enlightenment is not so much making it to Never Never
 Dark Horde by birth |  Land through the secret passageway. It's more like