Re: Heraldry Questions

  Olwen de Montgomery posting from Laird Myles of FalkonHold's computer:
  Hi!  Most of you have probably seen the huge, gianormous tablecloth that I've
  been embroidering at various events.  At Kingdom Twelfth Night, I started the
  devices of the Kingdoms only to be told that I had to use the badges, not the
  devices since they were reserved for the royalty only.  Okay, this isn't a
  problem.  But why is it okay to display the arms of the Kingdoms on your car
  (in the form of the stickers merchants sell at various events) and not okay to
  display the same thing on a tablecloth?  And if I have to use the badges
  instead of the devices, does anyone know the badges for Meridies, Atenveldt,
  Outlands and Atlantia?  Please, please help so that I can get this $%#@!*
  thing finished soon!  Please send all replies to pnh0jmb@pnh10.med.navy.mil,
  but
  addressed to me.  Thanks a lot!!

There is no rule in the Society about who may or may not display what
armory.  There is no one with the authority to tell you what you may or may
not display.  Whoever told you this needs a ride on the clue bus, or a wack
with the clue hammer.  Ask them to cite Corpora, or Kingdom Law: trust me,
they can't.

On the other hand, there are plenty of Societal customs that concern the
appopriateness of using some person's or groups armory for oneself.  In that
regard, the idea that someone would eat off a tablecloth with the arms of
territories one does not have a feudal obligation FROM, well, that smacks of
pretense.  Personal opinion.

Using the badges doesn't help my "wonkiness factor".

The car stickers are allegiance, and are period sorts of sentiments.  I
can't think of a period justification for what you are doing,and I don't
think I *like* it.  But you are free to do it, and tell Mrs. Grundy where to
place unwanted and inaccurate advice.

Including mine, if needed.

	Tibor