Re: Let's divide Atlantia into three Principalities

Gregory Blount wrote (concerning Black Diamond.Isenfir relations):
>We have to keep in mind that Black Diamond isn't that large. At Games
>Tourney IX last year, I sat with around 12? gentles from Black Diamond
>at the feast, out of 80 gentles total.

Well, that depends on your definition of "large." We've got about 50-60
active members of the group, mostly based around Blacksburg (proudful side
note: of the thirty new members we gained in the last six months we have
kept 20 as active members). As for travel patterns in and out of the barony,
our people go most often to Black Mountain (East),Caer Mear, Sacred Stone,
Windmasters Hill, Isenfir, and Ponte Alto. Our greatest number of visitors
actually comes from the north and east: Isenfir, the "palmprint" area (nee'
Old Storvik), and Caer Mear.

>Right-o, and so it's safe to say that Isenfir would prefer "no
>principality" as its first answer... if other groups decide to form
>one, we may or may not join in, to avoid being on the wrong side of
>the border, but the entire concept of a Principality fills us with
>dread.

My impression (and solely mine) is that we don't see much royalty out here
too often now, and aren't likely to regardless of what principality we'd be
part of.

-Duncan MacKinnon, who would like to remind folks that the listing in the
Acorn is incorrect; I am not seneschal of Black Diamond - that
burden^H^H^H^H^H^H honor goes to Lord Rhys ap Trahearn (Allen Nearing),
(703) 953-2068, lordrhys@vt.edu.
Tom Brady, P.O. Box 450, Blacksburg, VA 24063-0450   SCA: Duncan MacKinnon
    "You've got to kick at the darkness 'til it bleeds daylight..."
             -Bruce Cockburn, "Lovers in a Dangerous Time"