Leap Years and the Year 2000 C.E.

> On Thu, 2 Feb 1995, Mario M. Butter wrote:
>
> > On Wed, 25 Jan 1995, John Strauss wrote:

{deletia}
> >  ...                            2000 is also a leap year.
> >
> > Corwyn
> >
> ***bzzzt***  Sorry, but thank you for playing.  The year 2000
> is not a leap year.  Every now and then they have to skip one
> to get things back on track.  (Anyone want to better explain it?)
>
> Kendrick, who really needs more sleep... ;-)

Kendrick is right. The rule is (more or less) that years which
are divisible by 4 and not by 400 are leap years; there is (IMSC)
an additional correction tossed in even less frequently than
every 400 years, but I'm switched if I can remember it.

--
udsd007@ibm.okladot.state.ok.us
Michael Fenwick of Fotheringhay, O.L. (Mike Andrews)  Namron, Ansteorra

Pray for the repose of the soul of Katherine Godfrey (1955-1994),
         much loved and greatly missed.