RE: Three Principalities, a summation

Lord Ellwood wrote:

> An interesting concept to be sure.  It's definitely a twist on the
> North/South idea.  What happens to Atlantia proper?

As I would hope, it becomes a Kingdom with a lot of Princes running
around, nothing else.

> I think the following two comments may be related, but not fully explained.

The court baron has not replied, as yet, so I don't feel free to use his
name.

> %Duke Richard accused me of having a bias against the boys from Dixie, but
> %as Lord Corun MacAnndra points out, the Mason-Dixon line is the north
> %border of Atlantia, so we are all really in Dixie.  However, his real
> %point is correct.  I haven't had a lot of input from southern groups
> %about the principality movement.  As I believe there is no reason to
> %create a principality only in the north, I would welcome private posts
> %from southerners interested in this issue.

Well, at least you have joined the debate.

> Consider how the Peerage is distributed through the Kingdom, and these
> comments begin to make more sense.  The "north" is fairly heavy populated
> in terms of actual populous *and* in Peers.  I'm not sure what the
> distribution
> is in the middle third of Atlantia, but the southern part seems to be both
> lightly populated, and *relatively* Peer-poor.  I need to double-check, but
> the only Peers in Falcon Cree are are a Pelican and a Knight, and they are
> the same person!  I'm sure someone will correct me, but I think the Barony
> of Nottinghill Coill itself has no more than 6 or 8 Peers.  (Now when I say
> Peer, I mean the Orders of the Chivalry, Pelican, or Laurel)  The question
> is
> if someone is a multi-Peer, do they only count as one or do their Peerages
> count separately?  (Let's see:  Olaf, Thomas, Judith, "Wookie", Yonaton,
> and Karl are the only ones I can come up with)  Kane and Aelfred both moved
> north from us, so we lost 2.

Hmm!  Does this mean that you feel that the south, as constructed in my
proposal, does not have the strength of peerages to support itself as a
pincipality.  The only requirement I am aware of, is 100 members and
enough Fighters to support a decent Coronet list.  Considering that the
Guardians of Sacred Stone put, what 5, contestants in the last Crown,
that wouldn't seem to be a problem.  Sorry you lost Kane, but as for
Alfred, your lose is our gain (actually, Ponte Alto's, but I get to fight
him sometimes ;-)).

> Now as far as your statements about Dixie.... 8^)  Didn't you know that
> wherever you go in the South that every state north of where you are is
> considered a bunch of Yankees?  (With the notable exception of Florida
> where the Yankees outnumber the Rebs 8^))

Which means we are all Yankees to the folks in Border Vale Keep.

> If you would send me your email address, I'll reply privately with my
> opinions on this topic.

Just use your e-mailer to reply to me, rather then to atlantia-l, cause
I'll be in the header.

In service
Leifr