Site opinions

Greetings,
     The other day I was talking with a person who was trying to decide on
a site for an event.  He was describing what he considered pros and cons of
the sites and I became curious about what other people looked for in a site,
wether they are hosting or attending.  What do you look for in terms of the
site for an event? What do you not like to see at a site?

Thank you for your opinions. I am in no way considering autocrating an
event, yet, but the information would be useful for those who are.

Ragnar of Black Diamond
                              James

Murphy's Eighth Corollary
     It is impossible to make anything foolproof
       because fools are so ingenious.