Alternate titles, and other stuff

Melys wrote a very long and eloquent letter on this ongoing politcal thread,
which I will not reprint here.  I would like to say this; Vivat, m'lady,
Vivat.  And thank you very much for saying something that needed to be said.

And now on to something completely different.....
Has anyone seen an example of a Scottish Lord taking the title of Cheif in
the SCA?  Is there presedence for this?  My inspiration for this question
comes from the song "Bonnie Dundee," which says, "There are hills beyond
Pentland and land beyond Forth, There are lords to the south, there are
cheifs in the north..."
Based on the song's earlier mention of Cavaliers, I would say it speaks of
Cromwell's time, which (If I remember my history correctly) puts it somewhere
post period.  Come to think of it, all references I've seen about Highland
Cheifs have been post period, but surely they had Cheifs before 1600.
Any thoughts on this?  I really should know this stuff myself, but the only
way to find out is to ask someone who does.

Aye,
Eogan

"Reality is for people who lack imagination."
    --seen on a button worn by a Harris Teeter employee.

Eogan MacLarmann Aes Dalcassian