The Black Diamond List

Unto the populace of the Barony of Black Diamond does Lord Duncan MacKinnon
send greetings and salutations!

I am in the process of setting up The Black Diamond List. This will be a
mailing list similar to the Atlantian List which some of you may be familiar
with. Basically, the way it works is that you send mail to a single address,
and it gets distributed to everyone who has subscribed to the list. I am
attempting to track down an automated mail server (and if you know of a
program similar to Listserv or Majordomo which will run under Windows,
please let me know!), but in the meantime, I will be running the list
manually. Note that this is intended to be a low-volume list.

What is appropriate to the Black Diamond List:
Event announcements
Requests for rides to events
Discussions of local interest
Discussions of past events

What is not appropriate to the Black Diamond List:
Non-SCA related material
Chain letters
Slanderous attacks (I don't really have to mention this, do I?)

The list will be moderated by myself, and I reserve the right not refuse to
distribute any material which seems to be excessively off-topic (I will send
it back with comment, though, and can be persuaded otherwise). If you don't
like the idea of a moderated list, start your own ;-)

TO SUBSCRIBE TO THE BLACK DIAMOND LIST:
Send e-mail to bdiamond@vt.edu or reply to this message with the words
SUBSCRIBE BD LIST in the subject line. You will receive a note acknowledging
your subscription as soon as I can process it. That's all there is to it! I
remain,

In service to the Barony of Black Diamond and the Kingdom of Atlantia,
Lord Duncan MacKinnon of Tobermory (mka Tom Brady)
Tom Brady  804 Washington St. #4, Blacksburg, VA 24060  SCA: Duncan MacKinnon
  "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those