Pas' des Armes at Emerald Joust

The Baron's Pas' des Armes at Emerald Joust

Hosted Baron Corby de la Flamme, Knight.

Let all and sundry gentles of a martial spirit prepare themselves for the
proof of sword, axe and spear. On Sunday, the 28th day of May, being the day
following the famous and prestigious Emerald Joust Tourney, Baron Corby
invites all to participate in a Passage at Arms to be held on the very same
field as that for the Emerald Joust. This Passage shall begin in good time,
following the Sunday morning Cambok game and suitable time to take lunch.

So that the populace may be inspired and entertained, all challengers to the
Passage are encouraged to bring with them heralds to regale the crowd with
the bravery of their liege, banner carriers to identify the challenger,
musicians to play onto the field, and whatever jongleurs, flame eaters, horn
blowers, palanquin carriers, or divers toadies befit the style and station of
the challenger. A generous nature being an indication of nobility and grace,
a fine entourage shall be considered in the choice of an exemplar at the end
of the Passage.

A chivalrous and puissant set of defenders shall be assembled under the
direction of Baron Corby, to meet all comers at four different stations of
the Passage. These, your opponents, shall be made up of such worthies as Earl
Kane, Earl Dafydd, the Order of St. Mark, and various members of the esteemed
Order of St. Michael, the East Realm's tourney society, among others.

The four stations of the passage shall be thus: Greatsword, Five Men at the
Barrier, Axes at the Barrier or in the Field, and Spear. Those combatants of
the rank of Baron or higher may bring an armored retainer to the spear
station with them. Such retainer shall be allowed and provided with a
buckler, with which to defend the noble spearman.

Defenders at these stations may offer tokens to any challenger whose conduct,
skill, or presentation has suitably impressed them. Baron Corby, your host,
shall also award tokens to those whose actions please him. Finally, all the
defenders shall be consulted on the choice of a Most Worthy person or team of
persons from the challengers to receive a special token of recognition.

Atlantia List readers--
please make note that I am not subscribed to the Atlantia list. I have too
much stuff in my mailbox as it is. Please contact me via email at
codexzine@aol.com for more information.