Re: (LONG/RAMBLE)Attempting to achieve "Spiff"

   I'd like to offer one addition to the many excellent suggestions
already posted.  Remember that _anyone_ can give an award.  If you
see someone do something worthy of note, there's no reason you can't
announce at the feast table, "Hey folks, this person did a really neat
thing and I'd like to present them this token of appreciation and
thanks."  If you feel that you're too "newbie" to do it yourself,
enlist the aid of your senechale or a "distinguished elder" of the
shire.  It may not be "official", but it still feels good!  :-)

--Landi