Re: Viking Axes

          My dictionary shows that halberd also spelt halbert but
          never spelt halbard is a 15th/16th century weapon with an
          axlike blade and a steel spike mounted on the end of a long
          shaft.  Are you sure that this is actually a viking weapon
          at all?   How about the Lochaber ax instead?

          Finally, I would like to enter a plea to never have to read
          another Subject Line much less Contents about Henry's
          Ankles.  It has become silly, trivial and an irritant.

          Sincerely,

          Lady Thalia