Re: Non Fighting Event Activities

On Tue, 25 Jul 1995, Eric Jon Campbell wrote:

> On Mon, 24 Jul 1995, Sandra Toscano 5-2024 wrote:
>
> > To the populace of the Merry Rose --
> >
> > 	I'm thinking of autocrating ecnon fighting event and I would like
> > some ideas for activities, competitions, displays, etc., that people would
> > like to see at a non-fighting event.
> >
> > 	I've already thought of dancing/instruction as well as the ususal
> > displays/competitions (garb, scribal) however, this does not keep the
> > majority of people occupied or entertained.
> >
> > 	Give me ideas! Please!
>
> Talk to lord effenwealt whistle (canton of elvegast in windmasters hill )
> he threw a greatcnon fighting event called jongleurie at which a good tim
> was had by all

Excuse me _but_ all the wonderful duello fighters would object to the
Jongleurie being called a 'non-fighting' event.  The tourney was greatc
with tavern items as off hand weapons(loaf of bread, bottle of wine,
etc).  It was fun for the spectators and participants!

 In Service,

 Ayo Folashade Oshun
 (That rapier MoL)

Cheryl L. Martin