Re: Directions to Pennsic?

Meli writes:
> 	Could some kind soul who has been to Pennsic more recently than I
> (1989, I think, was the last time, and I didn't drive ....) do me the most
> compassionate boon of posting or sending to me a good, clear set of directions
> for how to get there?  I have the most vague notion of which highways and
> byways, yet I know there has been much construction upon the King's Highway
> since last I ventured forth ....
>
> 	I'm leaving from Washington, DC, and have to make a pickup stop in
> Harper's Ferry, thence continuing northwards until I reach the Fabled Place.
> Won't some kind soul, who is not geographically challenged as I am, help a
> lady in her befuddlement?  :-)

Youre best route from DC (Harper's Ferry notwithstanding) is to take 270
north toward Frederick. Once there you want to be on 70 West until you
reach the cutoff for I-68 West, somewhere around Hagerstown I believe.
The signs will be pretty obvious. Stay on I-68. Do *not* stay on I-70
to Breezewood because this will only dump you out onto the never to be
sufficiently damned PA Turnpike, I-76. They've benn rebuilding this road
for the last 15 years and they're still not done. It's *always* under
construction. I-68, however, is in MD, and is fairly new, being only a
few years old.

So, you take this into West By God Virginia to Morgantown where it will
end and join with I-79. You want this North. Stay on this until you come
to Route 422 about 30-40 miles north of Pittsburgh. At the bottom of
the ramp, turn left and go less than a mile to the entrance to Cooper's
Lake. There will be signs for SCA. Stay on this and you're home.

Have a safe trip.

In service,
Corun

--
   Corun MacAnndra   | 	   Alright, the clown can stay, but the Ferengi
 Dark Horde by birth | 		 in the gorilla suit has to go.