Vlad and the Tuchux

Greetings Tavern Dwellers,

   In an attempt to avoid having to relate this Pennsic story another dozen
times off-list I will note it here mostly because no one else has mentioned
it yet. Multiple versions are surfacing on the Rialto.

   NOTE: This is all rumor. I will detail only components that I have found
to be consistent among the several versions I have heard. I was not there I
know none of the people involved. A huge grain of salt is required:

   **RUMOR MODE ON**

   Vlad, of the famous "Vlads Pleasure Palace", was having a very heated
argument in the street with his new wife (they handfasted this very
Pennsic). It is said that he struck his wife and she fell to the ground.
Seeing this, a bystander stepped in to defend the Lady and exchanged blows
with Vlad.

   The bystander was a Tuchux.

   The Tuchux's wife ran for help when others of Vlads Clan became involved
and when she returned with aid her husband lie injured in the street.
Everyone else was gone. The Tuchux was taken directly to the hospital
believed to be suffering from internal injuries. The Leader of the Tuchux
immediately forbid any retaliation against Vlads Household.

   Soon after, Vlads camp was gone.

   The Coopers officially asked both camps to vacate. Many of the Tuchux
refused, the sheer size of the encampment made it almost impossible and
when State Troopers came to escort them from the property the Troopers
agreed that the rest of the Tuchux need not leave because individually they
had done nothing wrong, all the involved individuals had already left. Many
Tuchux left, disgusted, on Friday, but they still had a huge bone fire
Friday night. Tuchux Hill was nearly vacant by Saturday afternoon.

   It has also been said that the Royalty is not happy about how the
incident was handled. Wildfire rumors surrounding the altercation flew
across Pennsic the rest of the war and continue and will continue into
legend. "Live Steel" has been mentioned often.

   I am not sure of any of this. I have heard the tale told several ways.
We may never know what really happened. Some say Vlads wife started the
whole thing others say the Tuchux misunderstood what was happening between
Vlad and his wife. Who knows?

   **RUMOR MODE OFF**

   This was my first Pennsic. I met several Tuchux and observed them on
many occasions. My impression of them is that they are a very proud, fierce
and honorable group and have been treated unfairly in this altercation. I
hope to see them again on the hill next year.

   I overheard someone say, "If he had been anyone other than a Tuchux he
would have been Knighted for Chivalry at high court."

   Who knows...

Luther                        luther@infodata.com
             ][