Re: Our pal, Netcom

On Tue, 9 Jan 1996, John Strauss wrote:

>         I request that you look for a different home for the list.
> Messages from netcom accounts are distributed with no real delay;
> but everyone else gets highly variable results, with 4 days being
> the apparent average. (You watch: THIS message will post within
> 2 hours. There is a corrolary of Murphy's Law which states that,
> when you try to prove the law, something will go RIGHT in order
> to screw you....)

In Kendrick's defense, he has been looking for a better location,
but it is not easy.  Kendrick pays for his Netcom account out of his
own pocket, Atlantia isn't paying for it.  Two sites I looked at
for Kendrick didn't pass muster.  And until a better site is found,
it will probably stay where it is.

So here are some ideas what is needed...  any suggestions ?

a) A site with reliable connectivity to the Internet
b) A site with an automated list processing system
c1) A site that will donate access for the list OR
c2) Funding to just go buy the service from someone
d) A site that will be responsive to list problems

I'm sure there are other requirements.  I would suggest that if you
have an idea that fits these kind of qualifications, then contact
Kendrick directly.

Cheers,
Ivan Neobmyte (John the Unwashed)
Clan Badger's Crossing
House Drunken Badger
Kendrick and I have bounced mail back and forth about this many times,
---
John "FuzzFace" McMahon   "Equipped with self-detonating safety features"
mailto:fuzzface@io.com                       http://www.io.com/~fuzzface/