Re: Pas d'Armes Tournies

Thanks for providing the venue.  I couldn't have been happier.

  Last years Pas (of Seven Trials) was a combined effort of the following
  Tournament Companies: Company of St. Mark, of St. Michael, of St. George,
  of the Star, of the Peacock; and the Tenans of Noble Folly.  (In no
  particular order, and I think I may have forgotten one).  Respectively,
  they were from the kingdoms of Atlantia, East, West/Caid (I'm not
  certain), Trimaris, Middle, and Middle.

  It was a success in spite of the tremendous heat and the ugly logistics
  nightmare of a multiple-group cooperative effort.  It wasn't much of
  a personal success for me, as I was hit in the throat with a spear
  very early in the fighting and had to sit out the rest of the day in
  pain.  Very frustrating after putting a lot of effort into the Pas.

I recall it well, and I trust you are long since healed?

Folks, you MUST see Sir Dafydd in his glory.  (This is not kissing up.  I do
that in private...)  The Company of Saint Mark is really impressive.

  This is not a new thing--the Company of St. Michael has run a Pas at
  Pennsic the two years before, assisted by St. Mark the year before.

And again this year, if I recall.

  All the other Companies have run Pas d'Armes or other types of repros
  of medieval tournaments within the kingdoms in which they reside.  For
  example, the last two years of the Knight of the Heart event in Lochmere
  have been passages at arms supported by the Company of St. Mark (the
  Atlantian tournament society, whose captain I have the honour to be).
  There have also been Pas at Emerald Joust (as there will this year
  as well), and the most successful Pas in which I have been involved
  was last November in the Challenge of the Seven Deadly Sins (where
  the Company of St. Michael assisted that of St. Mark; the autocrat
  was Karl von Nordmark) in Sacred Stone (or near there).

The West has hosted many, as well.  Master Galleron de Crecy is planning a
Burgundian Pas d'Armes this fall in New York State: it is looking to be
quite elaborate.  (Galleron got his Laurel for his contributions to
authentic tourneying.)  I've discussed some of his plans, and I am QUITE
excited.  (Tourneying with a sand-clock keeping time, music, gods and
statues come to life...  miss it to your everlasting regret!)

  Does anyone have any specific questions I can answer?

Sir Dafydd, you might want to encourage participation by describing for
people how they can become involved properly in a Pas d'Armes, and what they
can expect to particpate in.  If everyone knew how to play, everyone would.

	Tibor (Just a herald, who loves to BE one.)