Re: Outlandish Tourney System in Calontir

Cuan and Brigit's reign has been an extended one, due mainly to logistics
problems.  Sometimes that happens.

When I first entered the SCA, Winter Coronation was the first weekend in
October, with Crown tournament the first weekend in November; then the Summer
Coronation was in April, with Crown following in May, again both on the first
weekend.  I understood this was to allow time for the heirs to prepare for
being King/Queen and to give the current King/Queen some assistance with
"public appearances".  It obviously provided equal "reign time".

Somewhere down the line, this became skewed and the two reigns developed
unequal time.  I wonder if that's partly because Pennsic is considered a
greater drain on the Crown than the winter reign, so the summer reign has
been shortened?

Rhiannon