RE: Duty(ies) of the Crown

On Thursday, 18 Apr 1996, Eogan wrote:

:What is the most important duty of the Crown? -<snip>-  Making sure
:that people who play, and deserve to win something, get recognized.  This
:is their primary duty, as far as I am concerned.  I would also like to
:point out that THE CROWN DOES NOT KNOW OR SEE ALL!  In order for them to
:fufill their primary duty of recognition, all of us (yes, you too) must
:let them know if we know of some good gentle who has not gotten the
:recognition they deserve.  The Crown can't give out awards if they are
:unaware of the many good deeds that go on in the kingdom, and there is no
:way they can do this without everyone's help.  Just a little reminder ;)

Amen.

I'd like to remind people that ANYONE can make a recommendation to the
Crowns for ANY award - you don't have to have an AoA to nominate a
deserving gentle for that accolade; likewise, you needn't be a member of a
Kingdom order to recommend someone to the Sea Stag, Pearl, or Golden
Dolphin. Et cetera.

-Phillip