Re: Royal Class

Alys of Foxdale <foxdale@widomaker.com> wrote:
>>Henry Best, are you listening?
>>
>>More importantly, University of Atlantia Teachers, are _you_ listening?

And Anarra seconded:
>More importantly, are any Royal Peers listening and willing??

It ain't that simple.

This sort of class has been discussed off and on for many years, and
it may even have been taught once or twice.

The joys and pains of being Royal are directly related to what is
commonly called the "style" of the particular monarchs.  If I tell you
that being Monarch means going to 22 events (and 3 weddings, as it
turned out) in 30 weekends, that is true -- for my reign.  The next
three Kings together went to a total (in all three reigns) of 24
events.  Clearly, their joys and pains were very different from mine.

For me, being King means something very different than what it means
for Anton, or Galmr, or Cuan, or Michael, or any other ex-King.  The
organization is different.  My perception of the duties is different.
My style is different.  The way I ran court was different.  The way
our reign was organized was different.  The events we went to were
different.  Our attitude towards the populace was different.  Our
crew (the people to whom we delegated tasks) was different.  And
this is true for almost every King--all these things are more or less
different from every other King.  So whose version of the class should
be taught?

Dafydd
(royal peer, listening, but not sure he is willing :^)