Heading off to G Street Fabrics

Good Afternoon To All-

My this crowd gives a new meaning to 3 tankard lunches! ;)

  I have decided that I am going to venture forth to G
Street Fabrics and try to find fabric and a pattern for
making my first outfit.  I have never used a sewing
machine before. Heck! I don't think I have ever been IN a
fabric store before. Yes, I know. Quite the proper lady.
What I am asking is if anyone knows of any good patterns I
can buy(beg,barrow,steal)with the intention of being able
to wear the results when I am done.  (Again.  yes I really
am that worried that I will not be able to actually wear
what I produce)  I am going for the "whatever is easiest"
period of history.  I will admit that I am a corset lover.
 To many Gilbert and Sulivan Operas as a young Diva I
guess.   I know I will have to wait until I have more
skill to create anything of that nature though.  I have
read about the use of cotton,linen and the natural colours
thing.  Any other suggestions will be welcomed.
Now that I have shown complete ignorance of anything
remotely domestic I shall leave you all for my mundane
activities.

Alternative 2:  I come and sing for you and/or give you
money and you help me to make or make me something
presentable(anyone meed money?)
Hey, it was worth a shot. :)

Good Day and Farewell

Kate Field